Nearly 100 Daily Wildcat staff turned out for our annual awards banquet on May 4, held once again on the lovely patio at Old Pueblo Grille. Staff were honored for year-long achievement in such areas as reporting, sales, customer service, graphic design, photography, illustrations, copy editing, multimedia and much more. This year we added the Wildcat Impact Award “for innovation and enterprise”, which was won by students in 3 different areas of the operation. From the newsroom, Colin Darland earned an Impact award for his redesign of the online paper; from advertising, Daniela Saylor was honored for her success coaching and training peers in sales; and from production, Lindsey Cook was recognized for stepping up as senior production coordinator and revamping several kep production processes.
Winning the signature advertising award – The George Morley Award for Achievement – was Jasmin Bell, a 3-year veteran of our classifieds advertising office. The Clyde Lowery Award for Professionalism and Integrity, the newsroom’s major honor, was won by Heather Price-Wright, another multi-year veteran who served as opinions editor and copy chief.
A number of graduating seniors were honored for their service to the paper with a Daily Wildcat Alumni Award. On hand to present these awards on behalf of all Wildcat alumni were former EIC Alex Dalenberg and former photo editor Lisa Beth Earle. Winners are (including major positions held):
- Jessica Leftault, Design Chief, Managing Editor
- Mike Christy, Photographer, Photo Editor
- Bethany Barnes, Reporter, Asst News Editor
- Tim Kosch, Sports Editor
- Ken Contrata, Copy Chief, Managing Editor
- Heather Price-Wright, Opinions Editor, Copy Chief
- Bryan Roy, Online Editor, Sports Writer
- Brandon Specktor, Arts Editor
- Christine Bryant, Graphic Designer
- Sarah Dalton, Sales Coordinator, Advertising Rep
- Grego Moore, Advertising Rep
- Daniela Saylor, Advertising Rep
- Jasmin Bell, Classified Advertising