2017 Hall of Fame Update

The Daily Wildcat Hall of Fame ceremony has been postponed until next fall, with the goal of having it on the Friday evening of 2017 Homecoming. The university has not yet set the dates for the weekend but we’ll move forward as soon as it has been announced.

Thank you to all who sent in nominations. There are many strong candidates, and the alumni selection committee will move ahead in the next few weeks to finalize the list of honorees.

We are sorry to have to delay the ceremony. This past year has been one of evolution for the Wildcat and all of Student Media, transforming how the newsroom produces and delivers news, how the advertising/marketing staff generates revenue and promotions, and how all our media fit together. It has been an exciting and challenging year, and the work continues.

As alumni and supporters, you are a part of this evolution. Today’s Wildcat is very different from its early days, but also very much the same. Its cornerstone is and has always been the passionate, engaged students who produce editorially-independent news and advertising content. You are the Wildcat.

We are committed to improving our communication and will be sending regular updates over the next year, and hope to see you soon!