HERE ARE YOUR 2011 YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD WINNERS
From marketing and PR pros to awarding winning journalists to an Iraqi war veteran and author, the 2011 Daily Wildcat Young Alumni Award winners represent high achieving accomplishments. They will be honored at the Wildcat Alumni Hall of Fame banquet and reunion on March 26 in Tucson.
- Michael Barber, a digital marketing strategist who was a Wildcat account exec
- Dave Cieslak, founder of Scutari and Cieslak PR (and former daily newspaper reporter) who was Wildcat editor in chief
- Jennifer Duffy, PR manager for the Loews golf resorts in Tucson and Las Vegas who was a Wildcat managing editor
- Ryan Gabrielson, a 2009 Pulitzer Prize winner who was a reporter on the Wildcat
- Djamila Grossman, photographer for the Salt Lake City Tribune and a Wildcat reporter and photographer
- Luke Larson, a Marine veteran of 2 tours in Iraq and author of “The Senator’s Son” who was Wildcat sales manager
- Nate Olivarez-Giles, a reporter with the LA Times and a Wildcat reporter and photo editor
- Nicole Santa Cruz, also a reporter for the LA Times and Wildcat editor in chief
- Daniel Scarpinato, communications director for the Arizona legislature (majority) and a Wildcat editor in chief
- Maxx Wolfson, field editor for Getty Images and a Wildcat sports editor
The Daily Wildcat Young Alumni Award was established in 2008 to recognize outstanding young alumni who have been out of school within the past 10 years. It is presented every two to three years in conjunction with the Daily Wildcat Hall of Fame.
The 2011 Hall of Fame nominees, announced earlier, can be found here.